The highly anticipated Windmill Food Hall in Carlsbad recently opened and we packed up and took our family of five. Kid-friendly restaurants are what we are all about. Visiting places like this make it enjoyable to go out to eat with kids.
When we first walked into the Windmill Food Hall, we saw the skee ball area which my kids were instantly drawn too. I was too because skee ball is my jam!
The common areas are spacious and there are a ton of food places to choose from. This includes Mexican food, Thai food, sushi burritos, burgers, hot dogs, gourmet grilled cheese and so much more!
I had a sushi burrito which I loved! The rest of our family enjoyed burgers, hot dogs and Mexican food. The prices are fair. I love that we can all order something different.
Windmill Food Hall vendors include:
- The Poke Stand – offering sushi burritos, seaweed salad, rice and edamame
- The Fry Fix – Gourmet fries and waffle sandwiches
- Thai Style – Thai food, Thai tea and coffee
- RJ’s Sizzlin Steer – Coming Soon
- Mesteeso Coffee – Espresso and tea drinks, assorted pastries and baked good
- Notorious Sliders and Salads – Sliders, hot dogs and salads
- Lobster West – New England seafood sandwiches and soups
- Friend’s House – Korean specialties
- El Puerto – Mexican food including a vegan burrito
- District 1 Pho – Pho and other Vietnamese dishes
- Dough Balls – Pizza
- Cross Street – Fried chicken, rice and kim chi
- Bread & Cheese Eatery – Gourmet grilled cheese
- Bing Haus – Ice cream desserts and tea drinks
You know how kids are, they can never agree on the same thing for lunch or dinner. This took the disagreements out of the picture.
The bar was definitely a plus. We were able to order an adult beverage while watching our kids play corn hole in the outdoor area.
There were plenty of places to sit, each area with a different theme. The library and comic areas are shown below.
We will definitely be back soon with more updates and photos about our amazing experience. Also check out our other recommended restaurants to go to with kids!